Tales of Ice and Fire
|Tales of Ice and Fire is the spiritual successor to and replacement for World Events. These story-driven, time-limited events are played individually using your Sworn Swords and allow for competitive Player-versus-Environment game play.
Command Points are not required for Tales and there are no timers, instead Tales uses a mechanic called Vigor. Players must be at least level 15 to participate.
Currently there are 11 Tales that players can participate in. Tales' events are run regularly.
- The Dragon Queen Tale - 50% 50% Released 23 April, 2015
- Slaver's Bay Tale - 50% 50% Released 12 May, 2015
- Arya and the Hound - 50% 50% Released 27 May, 2015
- Tyrion in Exile - 50% 50% Released 10 June, 2015
- The King in the North - 50% 50% Released 24 June, 2015
- Fist of the First Men - 50% 50% Released 8 July, 2015
- Azor Ahai Reborn - 100% Released 30 July, 2015
- Daughter of the North - 50% 50% Released 12 August, 2015
- The Free Folk - 50% 50% Released 26 August, 2015
- Three-Eyed Raven - 100% Released 2 December, 2016
- Breaker of Chains - 100% Released 7 July, 2017
|Vigor is an energy mechanic that is expended to participate in Tales. Like actions in Boss Challenges, Vigor recovers over time (1 per 6 minutes), up to a cap of 80, at which time it must be spent in order to accrue any more. Vigor can also be purchased for gold and, unlike Boss Challenges, purchased Vigor can exceed the cap.|
You only need to spend Vigor once per Challenge, no matter how many Locations you progress through. If you complete the Challenge, fail a Location, or retreat from an attempt you will need to pay Vigor to begin your next attempt. Each Challenge attempt costs 20 Vigor.